July 21, 2010
Freak Out Day? Holy @#$% Day?
We need a name for that day, during the summer, when you suddenly realize that the new semester is bearing down upon you, and you've accomplished approximately 5-10% of everything you swore you'd get done this summer, for sure, not like last summer when you wasted a huge amount of time trying to play the guitar and napping inside your office.
This summer I meant to:
(1) re-vamp and re-organize my fall courses; and
(2) complete one article that's been accepted; and
(3) make significant progress on a second to be submitted in the fall; and
(4) contribute witty and deeply provocative posts here several times a week.
So far, I've managed to:
(1) try to play the guitar; and
(2) take some outstanding naps.
. . . . OK, honestly I'vew gotten a lot more done than that. But, I got an email today letting me know that I was supposed to have posted my first assignment for the fall semester of Property I already. Thus the title of this post. Apparently, I used to know something about "property", even taught it recently, and am expected to teach it this year to "law students." All of this is only vaguely familiar to me at this point.
If you have suffered a similar experience, we need a name for this day. Any suggestions?
[Comments are eagerly solicited, but held for approval, so there will be some delay in posting them]