March 24, 2006
Reebok Likely to Conduct Global Recall of Bracelets
A four-year-old child in Minneapolis died last month after he swallowed a charm on a bracelet contained a dangerous amount of lead. Reebok is now recalling more than 300,000 of the bracelets engraved with the "Reebok" name and given away as a promotional gift with the sale of children's shoes. According to a report by WCCO-TV in the Twin Cities, Jarnell Brown died in late February of acute lead poisoning. Doctors initially thought that Brown was suffering from the flu but later investigation revealed that he had swallowed the charm which was almost pure lead. Reebok International is likely to now conduct a global recall of the bracelets according to reports in Great Britain, Ireland, Canada, and Australia. The Consumer Products Safety Commission has recalled has recalled nearly 162 million pieces of jewelry over the last two years, including the Reebok charms. Pictures of the recalled bracelet and its shoebox packaging can be seen on the CPSC website.
March 24, 2006 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Reebok Likely to Conduct Global Recall of Bracelets :