January 10, 2009
News Coverage related to the Employee Free Choice Act
The Employee Free Choice Act, a bill that would help unionization, is getting a lot of attention. The New York Times Editorial, "The Right to Unionize," March 6, 2007 in support gives a quick summary of the bill:
Below are some links for those interested (the sources line up with whether they support or oppose the bill):
- Steven Greenhouse, "Bill Easing Unionizing Is Under Heavy Attack," New York Times, Jan. 8, 2009.
- Esther Kaplan, "Can Labor Revive the American Dream," The Nation, Jan. 7, 2009.
- AFL-CIO's webpage includes a page saying why the bill is needed, links to Congressional testimony, an issue brief, and a place to sign the petition in support.
- American Rights at Work also has a page dedicated to the Act.
- Richard A. Epstein, "The Employee Free Choice Act is Unconstitutional," Wall Street Journal Op-Ed, Dec. 19, 2008.
- James Sherk & Paul Kersey, "How the Employee Free Choice Act Takes Away Workers' Rights," Backgrounder #2027, The Heritage Foundation, Apr. 23, 2007.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference News Coverage related to the Employee Free Choice Act :
Tracked on Sep 21, 2009 6:43:57 AM
Tracked on Sep 22, 2009 6:29:55 AM