December 3, 2008
Costs of Higher Education
A headline from the New York Times today tells the story, "College May Become Unaffordable for Most in U.S." (by Tamar Levin), Dec. 3, 2008. The associated graphic is here. Relatedly, on Nov. 30, Tamar Levin's article about foreign study, "Going off to College for Less (Passport Required)" was published by the NYTimes.
For postings and articles related to the rise in law school costs, see:
- William D. Henderson & Andrew P. Morriss, "What Law School Rankings Don't Say About Costly Choices," National Law Journal, Apr. 16, 2008
- A Columbia Law School explanation for why law school costs so much.
- Equal Justice Works' page on educational debt/public interest path.
- George C. Leef, "Why Law School Costs So Much," Regulation Spring 2003 [2 page article on SSRN].
- N. William Hines, "Ten Major Changes in Legal Education Over the Past 25 Years," AALS website [listing and discussing cost as number 8 in a list of ten changes].
-Thanks to Leiter's Law School Reports for the heads up. E.R. [email protected]
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Costs of Higher Education: