March 18, 2008
Financial Meltdown Editorials
The big news of the last few days, the continuing financial meltdown of Wall Street, tied partly to subprime loans and partly to poor regulation/poor choices and risky behavior, has generated a number of interesting editorials. Here is a selection (photo for Bear market--perhaps too cute):
- E.J. Dionne Jr., "The Street on Welfare," Washington Post March 18, 2008.
- Robert J. Samuelson, "How This Crisis is Different," Washington Post March 18, 2008.
- Alex Tabarrok, "Home Sweet Investment," New York Times March 18, 2008 (a more positive take on where the housing market is headed and the fundamentals of housing)
- Editorial, "Who Will Come to the Rescue?" New York Times March 18, 2008 (good overview).
- And of course a favorite: Paul Krugman, "The B Word," New York Times March 17, 2008 (definitely worth reading on the coming bailout, ending ominously, "things are falling apart as you read this").
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Financial Meltdown Editorials: