October 10, 2007
Conference Announcement: Wealth Inequality and the Eroding Middle Class Nov. 4-5, 2007
Below is an announcement from the UNC Center on Poverty, Work and Opportunity:
The Center on Poverty, Work and Opportunity and the American Constitution Society for Law and Policy warmly welcome you to attend Wealth Inequality and the Eroding Middle Class, a two-day conference held November 4 & 5, 2007 at the George Watts Hill Alumni Center on the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus.
The conference, featuring a keynote address by Robert Kuttner will examine increasing income inequality in the United States and globally and how this trend affects the American middle class. Join us for a provocative and interdisciplinary dialogue between economists, sociologists, journalists, attorneys, labor activists and others as we explore the consequences of wealth inequality and look for new ways to ensure that the American Dream remains accessible to everyone.
The registration fee for the general public is $40; the fee for
students is $20. For attorneys seeking North Carolina CLE credit, the
registration fee is $100. The registration fee includes a reception on
Sunday and lunch on Monday. You can register here.
Among our distinguished panelists are:
- Mark Rank (Social Work, Washington University in St. Louis)
- John Schmitt (Center for Economic and Policy Research)
- Frances Ansley (Law, University of Tennessee)
- Harley Shaiken (Education, Geography and Center for Latin American Studies, University of California, Berkeley)
- Judy Scott (General Counsel, Service Employees International Union)
- Michael Zweig (Economics and Center for the Study of Working Class Life, Stony Brook University)
- Joel Handler (Law and Policy Studies, UCLA)
- Mary Beth Maxwell (American Rights at Work)
- Alan Reynolds (Cato Institute)
- Louis Uchitelle (The New York Times)
- Kent Greenfield (Boston College Law School)
- and many more notable experts.
-E.R. [email protected]
October 10, 2007 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Conference Announcement: Wealth Inequality and the Eroding Middle Class Nov. 4-5, 2007: