Friday, June 20, 2014
The June 2014 edition of the American Bar Association's publication, Business Law Today, contains a "mini-theme" dedicated to nonprofit organizations, with an introduction entitled "Nonprofit Organizations: Changes in Challenging Times." Articles in the edition include:
1. "The Messiest Catch: Fishing for Health-Care Institution Donors in a Changing Sea" by Matthew G. Wright.
2. "Mergers, Acquisitions, and Affiliations Involving Nonprofits: Not Typical M&A Transactions" by William L. Boyd III.
3. "Taking Care of Business: Use of a For-Profit Subsidiary by a Nonprofit Organization" by David A. Levitt and Steven R. Chiodini.
4. "Five Tax Traps for Business Lawyers Advising Nonprofit Clients" by Cynthia R. Rowland and Deborah K. Tellier.
5. "Whither the Parsonage Allowance? Will It Survive the Most Recent Attack?" by Lisa A. Runquist and David T. Ball.
6. "E-mail Voting: A Practical Approach to a Difficult Trap" by Leah Cohen Chatinover.