December 27, 2012
EO Items in Treasury 2012-2013 Priority Guidance Plan
Last month Treasury released the Priority Guidance Plan for this fiscal year. Listed items for tax-exempt organizations are:
1. Revenue Procedures updating grantor and contributor reliance criteria under §§170 and 509.
2. Revenue Procedure to update Revenue Procedure 2011-33 for EO Select Check.
3. Regulations under §501(r) on requirement for community health needs assessments by charitable hospitals as added by §9007 of the ACA.
4. Final regulations under §§501(r) and 6033 on additional requirements for charitable hospitals as added by §9007 of the ACA. Proposed regulations were published on June 26, 2012.
5. Final regulations under §§509 and 4943 regarding the new requirements for supporting organizations (SOs) as added by §1241 of the Pension Protection Act of 2006. Proposed regulations were published on September 24, 2009.
6. Additional guidance on §509(a)(3) supporting organizations (SOs).
7. Additional guidance under §§4942 and 4945 regarding reliance standards for making equivalency determinations. PUBLISHED 09/24/12 in FR as REG-134974-12 (NPRM).
8. Final regulations under §4944 on program-related investments. Proposed regulations were published on April 19, 2012.
9. Regulations regarding the new excise taxes on donor advised funds and fund management under §4966 as added by §1231 of the Pension Protection Act of 2006.
10. Regulations under §6033 on group returns.
11. Revenue Procedure under §6033 to update and consolidate all non-regulatory exceptions from filing.
12. Final regulations under §6104(c). Proposed regulations were published on March 15, 2011.
13. Final regulations under §7611 relating to church tax inquiries and examinations. Proposed regulations were published on August 5, 2009.
Additional items that may be of interest to tax-exempt organizations include:
- Final regulations under §170 regarding charitable contributions. Proposed regulations were published on August 7, 2008.
- Notice under §170 regarding charitable contributions to disregarded entities. PUBLISHED 08/27/12 in IRB 2012-35 as NOT. 2012-52 (RELEASED 07/31/12).
- Guidance concerning adjustments to sample charitable remainder trust forms under § 664.
- Regulations under §1014 regarding uniform basis of charitable remainder trusts.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference EO Items in Treasury 2012-2013 Priority Guidance Plan: