Sunday, August 22, 2010
The Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly's most recent issue is now available online. The focus of the issue is a series of papers from a symposium on Accountability and Performance Measurement: The Evolving Role of Nonprofits in the Hollow State. Here is the table of contents:
- How Permeable is the Nonprofit Sector? Linking Resources, Demand, and Government Provision to the Distribution of Organizations Across Nonprofit Mission-Based Fields
- David F. Suarez, Street Credentials and Management Backgrounds: Careers of Nonprofit Executives in an Evolving Sector
- Stuart C. Mendel, Are Private Government, the Nonprofit Sector, and Civil Society the Same Thing?
- , , , and Annie Frappier, Helping Them Live Until They Die: Volunteer Practices in Palliative Home Care
- Rebecca Nesbit, A Comparison of Volunteering Data in the Panel Study of Income Dynamics and the Current Population Survey