Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Our friends at LawMeets and Apprennet LLC are doing some interesting programming that should be of interest to law students and junior associates who might be just getting going. They are announcing “The Basics of Acquisition Agreements”. Faculty include our own Afra Afsharipour! See below.
The Basics of Acquisition Agreements
LawMeets is launching the first “MOOC” or massive open online course to teach transactional lawyering skills. LawMeets two-week online course on the Basics of Acquisition Agreements includes four video lectures, four interactive learning exercises and two panel discussions by leading transactional attorneys moderated by LawMeets faculty. The course is free and open to everyone.
WHO will teach the course?
The LawMeets® faculty for this course include:
- Afra Afsharipour, Professor of Law at UC Davis School of Law and former attorney at Davis, Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Jay Finkelstein, DLA Piper Partner and Adjunct Professor of Law at Stanford Law School and American University Washington College of Law
- Karl Okamoto, Professor of Law at Drexel University Earle Mack School of Law and former Dechert LLP and Kirkland & Ellis LLP Partner
Whitehead, Professor of Law at Cornell Law School and former senior counsel at
various international financial institutions
The faculty will be joined by a group of experts from law firms and corporate legal departments from around the world who will interact with the course participants through written feedback, online discussion boards and streaming video.
WHAT will the MOOC cover?
- The Why and How of Acquisitions
- A discussion of the economic and strategic motivations for acquisitions and the role lawyers play.
- Overview of the steps for completing acquisition transactions.
of an Acquisition Agreement
- An introduction to the provisions of an agreement and their interplay.
- An in-depth look at the primary “battleground” in the negotiation of an acquisition agreement.
- Due Diligence
- Why it matters. How it works. Common issues.
WHEN does the MOOC occur?
- October 23, 2012 through November 7, 2012
HOW do I participate?
- Interested participants can register for the MOOC by visiting www.LawMeets.com. Early registrants will receive email updates and the opportunity to complete a practice online exercise.
- To learn more, please visit www.LawMeets.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.