Tuesday, September 27, 2011
ABA Forum On Communications Law Announces First Amendment and Media Law Diversity Moot Court Competition
From the ABA Forum on Communications Law
The ABA Forum on Communications Law is inviting qualified law students to apply to participate in its First Amendment and Media Law Diversity Moot Court Competition!
This outstanding competition, now in its fourth year and co-sponsored by NBLSA, NLLSA, NAPALSA, and NNALSA, is designed to introduce minority law students to the practice of media law, and offers participants a chance to
o Compete at a national level
o Receive advocacy skills feedback from prominent judges and attorneys
o Explore leading-edge issues in media law
o Attend the ABA’s annual Conference on Communications Law
o Meet media lawyers practicing at the forefront of their field
o Win a trip to the Ritz Carlton in Orlando, Florida
Final oral argument will be held in Orlando, Florida on February 9, 2012.
Deadline to apply is October 4, 2011!
Competition details are on our website: http://tinyurl.com/1stAmMootCt .In the meantime, however, a few highlights for your consideration:
- It’s easy(and there is no fee) to apply
o Application/registration info is online.
o A completed application consists of a registration form, and for each team member: a resume, a short writing sample (already written) and a short response to an essay question on a media-related topic
- Applicants must be members of a minority law student organization, but the competition is NOT limited to students on law school moot court boards
- Eight teams will be selected to submit competition briefs by November 29th; the top four teams, based on brief scores, will compete in oral argument in Orlando(Feb. 9, 2012); two teams will advance to finals on the same date .
- The top four will be able to attend the Forum's conference events, including CLE workshops; networking lunches and dinners; and plenary sessions on topics of interest to the media bar.
- Did we mention… this competition presents a great networking opportunity and an expenses-paid trip to the Ritz Carlton in Orlando, FL?
First Am’nt moot court competition! Finals in Orlando, at ABA Communic’s Law Conf. Details here: http://tinyurl.com/1stAmMootCt