Wednesday, July 22, 2009
From Nancy Levit, Professor of Law, UMKC
UMKC Law Review “One-L Revisited” Law Stories Contest
Introduction by Scott Turow
With stories by:
Robert R.M. Verchick
The UMKC Law Review devotes part of one issue each year to a collection of “Law Stories” – short tales about various aspects of the legal world. For the next edition, the theme will be One-L Revisited. An introduction by Scott Turow, author of the classic account of the One-L experience, will lead off this collection of true stories about being a new law student.
We invite current law students and recent graduates (2006 or later) to submit stories. Winning submission(s) will be published in the Spring 2010 issue of the UMKC Law Review, and the first place winner will receive a $500 prize.
· Non-fiction stories about the first year experience
· 1,000 - 5,000 words, including footnotes
· Footnotes are discouraged—we are looking for stories, not conventional law review articles or notes
· Open to current law student s and recently graduated law students (2006 or after)
· Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Law Stories Submission” in subject line
· MS Word or PDF formats only
· Submission deadline October 23, 2009
Lynn Herdon, Editor-In-Chief