Saturday, September 2, 2006
Article in today's Washington Post -- Study Finds Silver Fillings Not Harmful, by Andrew Bridges:
Silver fillings used to patch cavities aren't dangerous even though they expose dental
patients to the toxic metal mercury, federal health researchers said Friday.
The Food and Drug Administration reviewed 34 recent research studies and found "no
significant new information" that would change its determination that mercury-based
fillings don't harm patients, except in rare cases where they have allergic reactions.