Thursday, April 13, 2017
Registration is now open for this year’s Empire State Legal Writing Conference being held this year at New York Law School on Friday, May 19, 2017. Click here to register (free) by May 1, 2017.
8:15 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.: Registration, Coffee, and Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. to 9:10 a.m.: Welcome
9:20-10:10: Connections across the Curriculum
- · Maya Grosz and Maggie Lewis (Seton Hall)
- · Aníbal Rosario Lebrón (Howard)
10:10-11:10: The Writing and Thinking Jigsaw
- · Jill Barton (Miami)
- · Aliza Milner (Syracuse)
- · Cynara Hermes McQuillan (NYLS)
11:20-12:10: Inspiration in the Classroom and Beyond
- · Joan Foley and Ann Nowak (Tuoro)
- · Abigail Perdue (Wake Forest)
12:15-1:15: Lunch (sponsored by Lexis)
1:20-2:20: Lawyering in Action
- · Stephen Paskey (Buffalo)
- · Cameron Arnold and Susan Greene (Brooklyn)
- · Laura Reilly (Buffalo)
2:20-3:10: Hinting at a Storyline
- · Kristen Tiscione (Georgetown),
- Melissa Weresh (Drake),
- Ruth Anne Robbins (Rutgers Camden)
3:20-4:10: Lawyers for the Next Generation
- · Monica Todd and Lori Roberts (Western State)
- · Debra Austin (Denver)
Register by May 1, 2017.
*Please contact Professor Anne Goldstein at firstname.lastname@example.org for hotel information and other questions.
The Program Committee Members are Professors Robin Boyle (St. John’s), Heidi Brown (Brooklyn), Kirk Burkhalter (New York), Elizabeth Fajans (Brooklyn), Anne Goldstein (New York), Aliza Milner (Syracuse), Ann Nowak (Touro), Stephen Paskey (Buffalo), Gerald Rock (Albany), Amy Stein (Hofstra), Lynn Su (New York), and Michelle Whelan (Cornell).