Thursday, March 15, 2012
You only have until April 2nd, about two more weeks, to submit your proposal for the Second Annual Western Regional Legal Writing Conference. The conference takes place August 10 and 11, 2012, at the University of Oregon School of Law, in Eugene, Oregon.
The conference theme is Olympic Gold: The Teaching, Scholarship, and Service Triathlon. Proposals are welcome on a wide variety of topics—from ways to succeed in the LRW triathlon to ideas for any of the individual events: teaching, service, and scholarship. The Program Committee encourages proposals for 25-minute conference presentations or panel discussions, but anticipates that there will be a few 50-minute slots as well.
1. presenter(s) name, contact information, and school affiliation
2. title of the proposed presentation
3. brief (one paragraph) description of the presentation, including a description of the presentation format (lecture with Q&A, interactive, panel)
4. two-sentence summary of the presentation for the conference program
5. length of presentation (25 minutes or 50 minutes)
6. technology needs for the presentation
The deadline is Monday, April 2, 2012.