November 9, 2011
RFP for the conference of an Empire!
The Third Annual Empire State Legal Writing Conference will be held at the University at Buffalo Law School on Saturday, June 23, 2012. The organizers invite proposals for presentations on a broad range of topics related to legal writing and research. Proposals may be geared to either new or experienced teachers. Possible topics include practical suggestions for classroom teaching and written exercises, techniques for teaching analysis and research, effective methods for formative and summative assessment, issues relating to professionalism and ethics, and strategies for outcome-based assessment.
Proposals are welcome from both experienced presenters and those who have not presented before. Please contact a member of the Planning Committee if you would like their help developing your proposal or you would like to see sample proposals. Individual and panel presentations are both welcome, especially where panel members are from different schools.
Proposals should be one single-spaced page and include the following:
1. Presenter(s), title(s), and school affiliation(s);
2. Title of the proposed presentation;
3. A short description of the presentation and teaching method (lecture, simulation, small group exercises, etc.);
4. A two-sentence summary of the presentation for the program brochure;
5. An indication as to whether the presentation would benefit new or experienced instructors (or both);
6. The time needed: either 25 or 50 minutes;
7. Technology needs for your presentation;
8. Contact information for one presenter, including email address, mailing address, and phone number;
9. A statement as to whether you have previously presented at any national or regional conferences.
The deadline for submissions is Thursday, January 12, 2012. Please email proposals as a Word Document attachment to: Stephen Paskey, Conference Chair, University at Buffalo Law School, firstname.lastname@example.org, (716) 645-5044, with a copy to email@example.com.
hat tip: Stephen Paskey
November 9, 2011 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference RFP for the conference of an Empire!: