« LRW job opening |
| another LRW job opening »
November 29, 2011
LWI One-Day Workshops this Coming Friday
More than 300 persons will be attending one of the Legal Writing Institute workshops at various locations around the country this Friday, December 2, 2011. There is still time to register and attend a program near you! Here is a list of the workshop locations:
- California: Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- Florida: University of Miami
- Georgia: Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School
- Illinois: Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Massachusetts: Northeastern University School of Law, Boston
- Minnesota: Hamline University School of Law
- Missouri: University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- New York: Brooklyn Law School
- Ohio: The Ohio State University
- North Carolina: Campbell University Wiggins School of Law, Raleigh
- Pennsylvania: Temple University Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia
- Tennessee: University of Memphis Humphreys School of Law
- Washington, D.C./Northern Virginia: George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
The topics covered in the workshops have been expanded to include four areas during the day. Some locations will have slightly different topics or times. The program in Minnesota will include a field trip to West Publishing.
1. Teaching Legal Writing [9:00 to 10:20 a.m.] (including topics such as creating problems, grading, selecting materials, conducting paper conferences, and including other assignments as part of the research and writing course).
2. Teaching Persuasive Writing, Appellate Advocacy, and Moot Court [10:40 to noon] (including materials, practice sessions, and guidelines for moot court practices and competitions).
3. Legal Research Update [2:00 to 3:20 p.m.] (including updates on new research methods and materials that you and your students need to know).
4. Other Innovations [3:40 to 5:00 p.m.] (a potpourri panel that will differ at each location, where individual speakers and faculty roundtables can discuss classroom teaching innovations, scholarship opportunities, effective use of researh assistants, and other subjects of interest to legal research and writing faculty).
The workshops have been a great opportunity for legal writing faculty around the county to meet and share new ideas. Adjunct faculty who are often unable to travel have found the sessions to be particularly valuable, but as you can see from the topics they are now designed for all legal writing faculty. The programs have also been of interest to persons who are thinking about entering the legal writing academy as teachers.
The one-day workshops are a fundraiser for the Legal Writing Institute to allow it to continue its many fine and important programs. Attendees are asked to pay a $100 registration fee, which will be donated to the LWI. Click here to register.
November 29, 2011 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference LWI One-Day Workshops this Coming Friday:
Post a comment