September 19, 2011
Volunteer for the LWI One-Day Workshop Committees
In December 2009, the Legal Writing Institute held its first one-day workshops in two locations (In Chicago at The John Marshall Law School and in New York City at the Manhattan Campus of St. John's Univeristy). In December 2010, we held workshops in 14 locations across the country. The programs were universally successful, and the LWI Board has asked One-Day Workshop co-chairs Robin Boyle Laisure, Tracy McGaugh, and Mark Wojcik to plan the 2011 One-Day Workshops.
The co-chairs are seeking 6-10 additional committee members to help them plan and organize the 2011 One-Day workshops. We anticipate that the committee members will assist with the program, registration, handouts, publicity, and other matters.
• We need people to help coordinate the common materials program book that will be used at each location. That's the program materials subcommittee.
• We need people to collect the names of speaker volunteers and to assign them to the different locations. That's the program subcommittee.
• We need one or two people to coordinate the bios of all the speakers. That's the program book subcommittee.
• We need one or two people to help coordinate the national registrations. That's the registration subcommittee.
• We need a couple of people to help generate publicity and to promote the workshops. That's the publicity subcommittee.
• We need people to check into CLE credit for various states. That's the CLE subcommittee.
If you are interested in volunteering to serve on this committee, please email:
Chair, LWI Committee on Committees
rabe [at] email.arizona.edu
September 19, 2011 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Volunteer for the LWI One-Day Workshop Committees: