Wednesday, August 4, 2010
The AAUP is hosting a conference on shared governance, November 12-14, 2010, in
• corporatization and challenges to shared governance;
• principles, structures and effective best practices of shared governance;
• faculty governance, pedagogy, curriculum and curricular reorganization;
• the relationship of faculty governance to central administrations;
• motivating faculty to participate actively in governance structures;
• the role of tenured faculty, contingent faculty, junior or untenured faculty in shared governance;
• faculty participation in budgeting, financial exigency or strategic planning;
• shared governance and assessment, accountability and accreditation;
• governance and faculty hiring, promotion and tenure;
• faculty governance and collective bargaining or governing boards;
• shared governance and individual faculty or departments.
These are just suggestions to get you thinking; you are not limited to the listed topics. Send your one or two page proposal to Lenore Beaky, firstname.lastname@example.org, by the September 1st deadline.