March 4, 2010
lifetime achievement award
This May, Stetson University College of Law will recognize Associate Dean Barbara E. Bergman, New Mexico School of Law, with a Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching Advocacy. Associate Dean Bergman’s contributions to the field include:
- working for the Public Defender Service in Washington, D.C.
- a year as associate counsel to President Jimmy Carter
- work on the defense team in the State of Oklahoma v. Terry Nichols
- co-authoring Wharton's Criminal Evidence., 15th ed., & The Every Trial Criminal Defense Resource Book
- serving as a past President of the National Aasociation of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- receiving the Robert C. Heeney Award, the highest honor given by the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and
- being honored by the Roscoe Pound Foundation with the Richard S. Jacobson Award for excellence in teaching of trial advocacy.
The award will be presented as part of Stetson's Educating Advocates: Teaching Advocacy Skills Conference, May 26-28, 2010.
hat tip: Stephanie Vaughan
March 4, 2010 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference lifetime achievement award: