Monday, January 12, 2009
Thanks to Karin Mika of Cleveland State University School of Law (who brought her trusty camera to the AALS meeting), we have some photos to share with you here from the annual meeting of the Association of American Law Schools, which met in San Diego last week. You can click on any of the photos to enlarge them. In the photos here we have:
1. Lou Sirico of Villanova University School of Law, who was chair of the AALS Section on Legal Writing, Reasoning, and Research, and the charming and lovely Grace Calabrese Tonner, formerly of the University of Michigan Law School but now of sunny California and the University of California at Irvine.
2. Richard Neumann of Hofstra University School of Law, recipient of this year's section award from the AALS Section on Legal Writing Reasoning and Research, being congratulated by Professor Ralph Brill of Chicago-Kent College of Law. Ralph gave a wonderful introduction of Richard Neumann, and Richard received a long and sustained standing ovation from the legal writing professors in appreciation of all of his work on behalf of the field. As part of his award, he received part of the field from Yankee Stadium. (Gosh, I hope I have that right.)
3. Lurene Contento of The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, who was the moderator of the section's panel program just before the luncheon. It was incredibly well received, and even a technical glitch in the movie couldn't slow the program down. Click here to read more about that panel and the other panelists who appeared on the program, including Anne Enquist and smiling Cliff Zimmerman.
4. Outgoing section Chair Lou Sirico with the newly-elected Chair of the AALS Section on Legal Writing, Reasoning, and Research, Rachel E. Croskery-Roberts of the University of Michigan Law School.
6. Richard Neumann, Ralph Brill, and the newly-elected Secretary of the AALS Section on Legal Writing, Reasoning, and Research (who for some reason looks a lot like me).
Mark E. Wojcik, The John Marshall Law School-Chicago