Monday, December 8, 2008
Mercer University School of Law and the ABA host an annual writing competition in honor of Mercer’s former legal writing professor, Adam Milani. It is one of the few competitions for student-written briefs - not academic papers. Prizes can be as high as $1,000.
Below is a list of topics for this year. Please consider assigning one of the following topics this spring so your best students can participate in the competition:
- disability law;
- the Civil Rights Act of 1964;
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972;
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act;
- Family and Medical Leave Act;
- A state statute or municipal ordinance prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
The deadline for submission is June 1. Further details are posted on the Mercer website.
Hat tip to Suzanne Painter-Thorne