Wednesday, December 24, 2008
From Ben Opipari comes a list of sources for legal writing professors who want to increase their skill at holding effective student conferences:
- Thomas Flynn & Mary King, Dynamics of the Writing Conference: Social and Cognitive Interaction (NCTE 1999).
- Muriel Harris, Teaching One-to-One: The Writing Conference (NCTE 1986).
- Donald A. McAndrew & Thomas J. Reigstad, Tutoring Writing: A Practical Guide for Conferences (Boynton/Cook, 2001).
- Emily Meyer & Louise Z. Smith, The Practical Tutor (Oxford Univ. Press 1987).
- Beth S. Newman, Teaching Students to Write (2d ed., Oxford Univ. Press 1995).
This last source in particular was singled out for its excellence both for theory and practical tips.