August 22, 2008
More Blogs We Like
This blog recently listed links to a bunch of blogs we like, but it was not an exclusive list. Here are some of my current personal favorites:
- Mr. Rewrite: Spelling, Grammar, and Usage Tips Served with a Dash of Humor is associated with Arizona State University's Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication. This blog's bright and lively approach to technically accurate writing is refreshing.
- Another site for journalists and professional writers is Poynter Online. I like Roy Peter Clark's regular column, Writing Tools.
- The HeinOnline Weblog is chock full of great tips on ways to use HeinOnline in your research, such as this recent post, Subject Compilations of State Law.
- Getting away from writing and research, but still on the topic of teaching today's young adults, Tracy McGaugh's Millennial Law Prof provides good insights and a lot of creative ideas, particularly for new teaching technologies.
- Several times a month, I check recent postings at our blog network neighbor, the Law School Academic Support Blog. As recent scholarship (reported here and here) indicates, those who teach legal writing and other skills courses are often in the best position to identify students who are struggling.
- Are you interested in Best Practices for Legal Education? Here's a place to talk to and learn from other legal educators about ways we can all improve the delivery of legal education.
- Similarly, Law School Innovation (another blog in our own network) offers some interesting observations and commentary on new developments in law teaching. For instance, a recent post considered the pros and cons of law profs joining Facebook--such as, should one have a policy for deciding whom to "friend"? (Hey, are you a fan of the Legal Writing Institute?)
August 22, 2008 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference More Blogs We Like :