Tuesday, May 27, 2008
The Second Draft is the newsletter of the Legal Writing Institute, and as you might imagine, each issue contains news of interest to legal writing professionals. Many issues also contain short essays on teaching legal writing, focusing on a single theme and full of helpful tips and ideas. More than a decade of these issues are available free on-line. To give you a sense of the topics covered, here are just a few:
• teaching to different learning styles
• providing effective feedback
• teaching difficult concepts
• teaching students to persuade
• collaboration and cooperation in the legal writing classroom
• Is IRAC a helpful tool for teaching analysis?
A variety of essays by legal writing professors on these and other topics are just a click away.