April 16, 2008
roundtable lunch planned for legal writing profs of color
Faculty of color attending this summer's Legal Writing Institute conference in Indianapolis, Indiana, are invited to attend a roundtable lunch on Tuesday, July 15, 2008. The goals of the roundtable are to build
community, to exchange ideas, and to start discussions about issues of common concern. Roundtable organizers Bill Chin (Lewis & Clark) and Lori Bannai (Seattle) ask that those interested pick up LWI-provided box lunches and meet from 12:15-1:30 p.m. in Room 245 of Inlow Hall, the law school building in which most of the conference sessions will be held.
Potential topics for discussion could include any of the following:
- strategies for increasing diversity among faculty who teach legal writing;
- whether potential barriers to increased diversity exist in recruitment/hiring processes;
- retention, pay, status, and related concerns;
- sharing ways to connect issues of race and race awareness to course content; or
- any other issues that folks wish to discuss.
Anyone interested in these issues is welcome to join the group. You are invited to spread the word to others who may be interested. Let Bill or Lori know if you are interested in coming or if you have suggestions for discussion topics.
April 16, 2008 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference roundtable lunch planned for legal writing profs of color: