Friday, April 11, 2008
Mercer University School of Law and the American Bar Association host an annual writing competition in honor of Mercer’s former legal writing professor, Adam Milani. The competition is one of the few student competitions for brief writing rather than for academic papers. Prizes can be as high as $1,000.
This year’s topics include:
- disability law;
- the Civil Rights Act of 1964;
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972;
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act;
- Family and Medical Leave Act;
- a state statute or municipal ordinance prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
The competition deadline is June 1. Further information available by clicking on this link.
Hat tip to Linda H. Edwards.