Wednesday, April 9, 2008
- Indianapolis in 2008,
- Marco Island, Florida in 2010, and
- Desert Springs, California in 2012.
Here's the details for each of those conferences (jot them down now in your Day Planner!):
- Indianapolis, Indiana: July 14-17, 2008 at the Indiana University School of Law-Indianapolis. Click here for conference information. The LWI conference has grown to be too large for any one law school to handle, so this seems to be the last of the law school conferences. If you are still debating whether to go, ask any of your legal writing colleagues if they think it is worth it. The answer will be a resounding "yes!" See you in Indy!
- Marco Island, Florida: June 27-30, 2010 at the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort. Here's a description from the hotel's website: "Come kick off your shoes and explore paradise found at this one-of-a-kind Florida resort, now celebrating the completion of a $187 million renovation and redesign that has infused every moment here with the spirit of Balinese beauty, hospitality and well-being - and added even more wondrous experiences to this already acclaimed destination. Nestled on three miles of pristine Southwest Florida beaches, the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort is the perfect destination for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, a memorable meeting or an unforgettable wedding. With several renowned restaurants, championship golf, a world-class spa and a wide range of activities and amenities, Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort now offers even more - including upscale shops for men and women, a free-form fantasy pool with views of the Florida Gulf, new dining options and completely redesigned and redecorated guest rooms." In addition to that, you should plan some extra days to visit the Everglades. Really, it's great, and you'll be so glad that you took the extra time to explore them and to see alligators and other Florida wildlife.
- Desert Springs, California: May 29 to June 1, 2012 at the JW Marriott Resort and Spa. Here's a description: "This desert dwelling is anything but dry. The cool of the desert, Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa in Palm Desert, California provides you with stylish surroundings and views any well-seasoned traveler desires including emerald fairways from Palm Desert Golf Courses and mountains that seem to touch the sky. As a premier Palm Desert Resort Hotel we present fine dining, sizzling night-life, resort expansive pools, and a newly remodeled lobby complete with gondolas . . . ."
The LWI Conference Site Committee includes Dan Barnett (Boston College), Chair, Libby White (Villanova), Debby McGregor (Indiana--Indianapolis), and Susan Kosse (Louisville).
Hat tip to Dan Barnett, chair of the LWI Site Evaluation Committee