Wednesday, March 26, 2008
The Section on Legal Writing, Reasoning, and Research is one of the largest sections in the Association of American Law Schools. The Section does its work through six committees.
1. The Program Committee, which takes charge of the program at the AALS Annual Meeting. [The members of the Program committee for the 2009 Annual Meeting are Mel Weresh (Chair), Joan Blum, Kirsten Dauphinais, Lara Gelbwasser, and Suzanne Rowe. They have already selected the program for the next annual meeting.]
2. The Election Committee, which proposes nominees for Section officers.
3. The Awards Committee, which selects the recipients of Section awards
4. The Poster Committee, which selects posters for display and the January AALS meeting.
5. The Welcoming Committee, which welcomes new members of the Section (particularly at the January AALS meeting).
6. The Website Committee, which runs the AALS Section website.
If you have ideas for a new committee (or suggestions on section activities or programs), the Section Chair, Lou Sirico of Villanova University School of Law, would be happy to hear from you.
Hat tip (and hat's off!) to Lou Sirico