January 5, 2007
next year at AALS!
This year's AALS annual meeting is still happening even as I type, yet there's already been an announcement of the Section on Legal Writing, Reasoning, and Research's program to be presented NEXT year, in January 2008, in New York City:
"The title of the program is Writing Across the Curriculum: Professional Communication and the Writing that Supports It. The program was proposed by Andrea McArdle at CUNY. She will moderate the panel, and she will be our Section's Program Chair next year.
"This program will examine the case for increasing the amount of writing in doctrinal and practice-based courses:
* to deepen doctrinal knowledge and analytic skill;
* to facilitate self-reflection about professional identity; and
* to promote better analysis of the relationship between social policy, legal theory, and professional practice.
"The presenters will be:
* Derrick Bell, Visiting Professor of Law at New York University School of Law
* Nancy Lester, Professor of Literacy Education at Medgar Evers College, City University of New York
* Nancy Levit, Curators’ Professors and the Edward D. Ellison Professor at University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
* Danielle Ofri, M.D., Ph.D., writer, editor, and practicing physician in New York City
* Carol McCrehan Parker, Associate Professor of Law and Director of Legal Writing at University of Tennessee School of Law
* Ruthann Robson, Professor of Law, City University of New York School of Law
"Many thanks to the members of the program committee: Phil Meyer, Chair (Vermont), Molly Current (Santa Clara), Susan Kosse (Louisville), Sarah Ricks (Rutgers), Lou Sirico (Villanova), Kathy Stanchi (Temple), and Susan Thrower (DePaul)."
- Professor Suzanne Rowe, Section Chair, University of Oregon
January 5, 2007 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference next year at AALS!: