Friday, February 10, 2006
Congratulations are also in order for the faculty and administration at Wake Forest University School of Law. They recently agreed to:
- upgrade legal writing faculty contracts from one year to longer terms,
- allow legal writing faculty to vote at faculty meetings, on all matters except rank, promotion and tenure,
- raise the salaries of their legal writing faculty to above average for their region of the country,
- give their legal writing faculty opportunities to serve on faculty committees,
- have legal writing faculty performance reviewed by the dean in the same way other law professors are, opening the way for merit-based pay increases, and
- let legal writing faculty teach upper level writing courses and other seminar courses.
Now that's a lot of progress!