Monday, March 17, 2014
Does FERPA Privacy Apply to Records of Your Graduates?
In some cases, yes. According to Academic Impressions:
FERPA does apply to records that relate to the alum's life while he/she was a student, even if the record is being accessed after the alum is no longer a student:
- Name, social security number, date of birth
- Address at enrollment at your institution
- Degree, academic awards, and honors received during attendance at your university
- Participation in student activities
- Parent name, address, employment during student’s enrollment
- Information about the student prior to attending the university (such as high school attended)
To what does FERPA not apply? You can read more here.