Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Thanks to Grover Cleveland (yes-that's-his-real-name), author of the bestselling Swimming Lessons for Baby Sharks: The Essential Guide to Thriving as a New Lawyer, for sending me this article from the Careerist blog called "10 Things Every New Lawyer Should Do - Right Now." Go there now to get the full column. Here's a summary.
- Start leaning in now.
- Be sure you are providing value.
- Be confident. Be reasonable.
- Watch out for your own interest, but be a team player.
- Seek honest feedback.
- Prioritize what matters to you.
- Make your life partner a real partner.
- Don't worry about things that don't matter.
- Take stock of your career—often.
- Acknowledge others.