Sunday, May 12, 2013
Sometimes, a coworker’s conduct or inaction forces you to respond and even bring the problem to an administrator. How do you raise the issue in a professional manner that doesn’t make you look like a whiner? Here’s advice from Nancy Mulloy-Bonn, the Director of ALI-CLE:
- Your boss’ time is scarce, and she does not relish a visit from a complainer.
- What exactly is your complaint?
- What action are you asking your boss to take?
- Speak in the affirmative, not the negative.
- Focus on facts, not speculation or opinion.
- Speak for yourself and no one else. You
- Don’t preface your remark with, “Please don’t tell anyone I spoke to you about this.”
- Use your best ammo, and discard the petty stuff.
You can read more here.