March 6, 2013
Basic office tech skills for new lawyers
This post from the Lawyerist blog makes the point that new lawyers need to know basic office technology skills so they're able to copy, scan, fax, e-file and create pdf's when the support staff is not around (like late at night). Other "basic" technology skills you need to know? How about
- The ability to add Bates numbers to a document;
- The ability to redact information from a document;
- The ability to create a letter on your firm letterhead;
- The ability to set up and run a conference call and add individuals to a call; and
- The ability to conference someone into a call on your cell phone.
For a primer on electronic filing click here.
March 6, 2013 | Permalink