Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Matt Bodie is running a five-part series on the law school financial crisis this week on the PrawfsBlawg. His topics are:
- MONDAY: Is it better to cut tuition or class size?
- TUESDAY: If tuition is to be cut, is it better to cut the sticker price or increase aid to students? And if increasing aid to students, should it be through merit scholarships or loan repayment assistance?
- WEDNESDAY: If a school is cutting costs, is it better to cut positions or cut salaries?
- THURSDAY: If salaries are to be cut, is it better to have an across-the-board cut or cuts based on different principles?
- FRIDAY: Should the faculty be responsible for implementing a cost-cutting plan or is that best left to administration?
There are already a number of very good comments.