October 8, 2012
Legal job market bounces back in September
The pendulum swung in favor of job growth in September by adding 1,000 new jobs according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics which somewhat compensates for the 1,400 positions lost in August. Though the job growth stats have swung back and forth all year, at present we've seen a net gain of 2,900 jobs since January 2012 according to AmLaw Daily. It also reflects a net gain of 5,900 jobs from this time last year.
Here's a month-by-month recap:
- September 2012 - 1,000 jobs added.
- August 2012 - 1,400 jobs lost.
- July 2012 - 1,500 (revised) jobs added. (Revised again to 2,000 jobs added).
- June 2012 - 20o jobs lost.
- May 2012 - 600 jobs added
- April 2012 - 3,900 jobs added
- March 2012 - 1,300 jobs lost.
- February 2012 - 800 jobs added.
- January 2012 - 1,000 jobs added.
October 8, 2012 | Permalink