Friday, October 26, 2012
For your reading pleasure Vivia Chen at the Careerist blog has compiled a list of new books written by lawyers cum novelists. Perhaps there's something on this list to tickle your fancy:
1. Godsent by Richard Burton, an in-house attorney with Landmark Management Group in Plano, Texas. (He also practiced at Bickel & Brewer.) TexParte Blog says it's a "thriller about the Son of God coming to earth in the modern time." Okay.
2. Anonymous Lawyer by Jeremy Blachman. (About life in a big firm.)
3. Guilt by Association and Guilt by Degrees by Marcia Clark (yes, that Marcia Clark).
4. Terminal Ambition by Kate McGuinness, a former partner at an Am Law 100 firm and GC of a Fortune 500 company. It's about Big Law and politics. Susan Estrich and Steven Harper liked it.
5. Attorney-Client Privilege by Pamela Samuels Young, a former O'Melveny & Myers associate and in-house counsel at several companies.
6. The Floater by Sheryl Sorrentino, a solo practioner.