Monday, September 10, 2012
I’m in my job, because I can’t think of anything I’d rather do. You might be interested in comparing yourself with those who answered the question in this survey:
According to a recent American Psychological Association (APA) Workforce Retention Survey of more than 1,200 Americans with full-time and part-time jobs, "despite uncertainty in the job market, the top reasons working Americans say they stay with their current employers are work-life fit and enjoying what they do." Specifically:
• 59 percent of respondents noted that they remain with their current employer because of the pay;
• 60 percent of participants said that they stay in their job due to benefits;
• 67 percent of people believe their jobs fit well with the other aspects of their lives;
• 67 percent of those surveyed explained that they stay in their jobs because they enjoy the work they do;
• And 39 percent noted a lack of other job opportunities as the reason for remaining with their current employer.