Tuesday, August 14, 2012
This post from Robert J. Ambrogi at Law Technology News is a good overview of ABA ethics requirements and social media.
Here are some tips from Ambrogi on how to stay out of trouble:
1. Remember that the same rules apply.
2. Do not betray client confidences.
3. Avoid inadvertently forming attorney-client relationships.
4. Do not solicit.
5. Steer clear of unauthorized practice.
6. Understand the rules on recommendations.
7. Remember the rule on trial publicity.
8. Make no false or misleading statements.
9. Become competent in technology and social media.
10. Use common sense.
You can find more information from the ABA Commission on Ethics 20/20 here.