Tuesday, July 3, 2012
This post from the ABA Journal discusses the recent (2011) data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics that list the top 15 paying occupations.
“Being a lawyer is good-paying work, if you can get it….
Lawyers were No. 5 on the list. The article notes the job requires advanced education and says the profession “isn’t the easiest industry to break into.”
Here are the top five:
1) Doctors and surgeons, with an average salary ranging from $168,650 to $234,950.
2) Orthodontists and dentists, with an average salary ranging from $161,750 to $204,670.
3) Chief executive officers, with an average salary of $176,550.
4) Petroleum engineers, with an average salary of $138,980.
5) Lawyers, with an average salary of $130,490.”
These will be interesting trends to watch in the coming years.