Wednesday, June 27, 2012
The Women in Law Empowerment Forum has released its list of law firms winning its Gold Standard Empowerment Award. The award winners, limited to firms of 100 or more lawyers, meet at least three of these criteria:
• 20 percent female equity partners (this year, 40 percent of firms met this standard; in 2011, it was 41 percent);
• 10 percent female chairs and office managing partners (this year, 82 percent; last year, 81 percent);
• 20 percent female members on firm's primary governance committee (this year, 80 percent; last year, 72 percent);
• 20 percent female members on the firm's compensation committee (this year, 65 percent; last year, 75 percent);
• 25 percent female heads of practice groups or departments (this year, 42 percent; last year, 37 percent);
• 10 percent female representation in the top half of the most highly compensated partners (this year, 82 percent; last year, 84 percent).
This year, three firms met all six criteria, and 13 met five out of the six criteria.
Here’s the article from The Careerist, which includes a list of the 50 award winners.