Sunday, March 11, 2012
This conference has an impressive list of speakers including David Gergen and retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor. From the press release:
Elon University School of Law & Center for Creative Leadership announce Conference on Law and Leadership
Justice Sandra Day O’Connor and David Gergen to headline April 13-14 conference
featuring national leaders in law, legal education and business
Conference website: www.elon.edu/lawleadership
The Conference on Law and Leadership will bring together leaders in law, legal education and business to consider the role of lawyers as leaders in rapidly changing times. Co-hosted by Elon University School of Law and the Center for Creative Leadership, the conference will take place April 13-14, 2012 in Greensboro, N.C.
The Honorable Sandra Day O’Connor, United States Supreme Court Justice (ret.), and David Gergen, Chair of Elon University’s Law School Advisory Board and Professor and Director of the Center for Public Leadership at the Harvard Kennedy School, will lead a discussion about the role of lawyers as leaders in an era of unique economic, political and global challenges. These keynote speakers will be joined by:
- Louis Bilionis, Dean and Nippert Professor of Law, University of Cincinnati College of Law
- Raymond Burse, Vice President and General Counsel, GE Consumer & Industrial
- Robert Cullen, Vice President and General Counsel, JSI Logistics, and Adjunct Professor, Santa Clara Law
- Candace S. Cummings, Vice President - Administration, General Counsel and Secretary, VF Corporation
- Martin Eakes, Chief Executive Officer, Self-Help/Center for Responsible Lending
- Mona Edwards, Chief of Staff, Center for Creative Leadership
- Dennis Glass, President and CEO, Lincoln Financial Group
- Phoebe Haddon, Dean and Professor of Law, University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
- Thomas Ross, President, University of North Carolina
- Roland Smith, Senior Faculty, Center for Creative Leadership, and Skeens Watson Visiting Professor of Leadership, Elon Law
- Judith Wegner, Burton Craig Professor of Law, University of North Carolina
- Edward C. Winslow III, Managing Partner, Brooks, Pierce, McLendon, Humphrey & Leonard, LLPOther distinguished leaders will participate in this important and timely conversation about lawyers and leadership.
The conference will take place at the H. Smith Richardson, Jr. Campus of the Center for Creative Leadership on April 13 and at the H. Michael Weaver Building of Elon University School of Law on April 14.
The conference is designed to bring together judges, law firm partners, higher education administrators, law professors and corporate counsel who have a commitment to developing the next generation of lawyer-leaders. Registration for the conference is $300 and includes a reception and dinner at the O.Henry Hotel and a continental breakfast and buffet lunch. Program details and online registration information are available at www.elon.edu/lawleadership.