July 5, 2011
Tips for New Legal Writing Teachers
1. Make sure your written comments are clear. Not only do your students have to communicate with their readers so do you.
2. Don't assume that the students are not working hard. Be patient.
3. Make sure that your students don't feel stupid or lost; help them realize that all their classmates are going through this.
4. Writing is a process (step-by-step). This also applies to teaching legal writing.
5. Convince your students that writing is an art, not a mechanical process.
6. Put positive comments on the students' papers. Not only do positive comments encourage the students, they show the students what they are doing right so they can keep doing it.
July 5, 2011 | Permalink