July 29, 2011
New Beta Web Version of U.S. Code Released
The Office of the Law Revisions of Counsel of the United States House of Representatives has launched a beta website version of the U.S. Code. More information here.
Some key features include:
"• A new search engine for Code data
• An expanding "Table of Contents" style browse of the Code
• A simple search facility for quickly accessing specific Code sections or performing simple word or phrase searches
• An advanced search facility for sophisticated searching of Code content using delimiters such as field or Code hierarchy restrictions, Boolean logic, and case sensitive searches
• An improved display of search results and Code documents
• Cite Checker, a new tool that enables quick checking of specific Code sections for recent amendments
• Easy access to the USCprelim, an advance posting of the next online version of the Code
• New explanatory material about the Code and the functions of the Office"
Hat tip LawLibraryofCongress (@LawLibCongress)
July 29, 2011 | Permalink