Monday, March 7, 2011
LinkedIn in often described as “Facebook for professionals.” Although I don’t see much value in it for me as an academic, its value may be substantial for many of its 17 million users. According to the Immigration Daily blog, here are 8 favorite ways to use it.
1. Get professional introductions.
2. Make connections.
3. Ask your network a question.
4. Get testimonials about you from others.
5. Conduct a job search.
6. Find potential contacts.
7. Provide links to your web page and blog
8. Join a special interest group.
The posting also offers general tips and facts about LinkedIn.