Wednesday, December 1, 2010
The website CriminalJusticeDegreesGuide.com posted the list below but absent is a film that I consider to be one of the best crime documentaries of all time - and an especially good choice for law students - Billy Corben's Raw Deal: A Question of Consent. In this very disturbing documentary, the audience is cast as the jury for a rape trial that never happened. The crime itself was filmed by friends of the accused and the viewer must then decide whether or not consent exists. It's unforgettable. Here's the trailer:
O.k., the films chosen by CriminalJusticeDegrees are:
- The Staircase.
- The Thin Blue Line.
- Cocaine Cowboys (again with the Billy Corben).
- Deliver Us From Evil.
- The Trials of Darryl Hunt.
- American Pimp.
- Witch Hunt.
- Dear Zachary: A letter to a son about his father.
- The Iceman Confesses: Secrets of a Mafia Hitman.
- Scottsboro: An American Tragedy.
Check out a detailed description of each movie along with trailers here.
Hat tip to Professor Joseph Bazan.