Sunday, December 12, 2010
Clients are so cost-conscious these days that lawyers are under great pressure to find ways to keep costs down. Here's another open source legal research tool that should help - it's called OpenJurist and allows you to search the following databases free of charge:
- U.S. Supreme Court Reporters.
- Federal Reporter 1st series
- Federal Reporter 2nd series
- Federal Reporter 3rd series.
- Federal statutes (U.S.C.)
There is also a forum to help clients find attorneys by specialty, a directory of U.S. courts and tabs to download founding documents like the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights.
A big hat tip to Professor Mitch Rubinstein at the Adjunct Law Prof Blog.