Tuesday, February 2, 2010
The web page of the Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board has a newly-posted feature, an attorney E Newsletter that in the January 2010 edition discusses highlights in bar discipline for 2009:
In this issue we present our second annual survey of the most interesting disciplinary cases decided during the year. Factors we look for in selecting these cases, in no particular order, include:
- Unusual or extraordinary fact situations;
- Decisions which address legal issues that often come up in disciplinary cases;
- Decisions which discuss the meaning of one of the Rules of Professional Conduct or Rules of Disciplinary Enforcement;
- Decisions which present reviews of prior cases on a subject;
- Decisions regarding situations which may arise regularly in the practice of law.
Decisions of the judge are final and unappealable.
I applaud the effort to highlight professional responsibility issues in a manner that goes beyond what Pennsylvania already does, which is provide prompt and easy access to its decisions. Many bar web pages don't even do that. (Mike Frisch)