Sunday, February 8, 2009

Car Trouble

From the California Bar Journal:

[An attorney] was suspended for two years, stayed, placed on three years of probation with an actual 18-month suspension and was ordered to prove his rehabilitation, take the MPRE and comply with rule 9.20. The order took effect Sept. 7, 2008.

In 2007, [the attorney] pleaded no contest to receiving stolen property, a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude.  

For several months in late 2005, he kept at his home a car that was stolen by his son, who told [him] he had bought the car for $500 from its owner. The car was not street legal because of body damage, so [he], who believed his son, agreed to store it in his garage. He later discovered his son obtained the car after promising to have it repaired and to pay the registration fees and register the car in the name of the owner’s daughter. The promises were false.

Following his plea, [he] notified the bar of his conviction.  

He was privately reproved in 1982.

In mitigation, he cooperated with the bar’s investigation, pleaded no contest to the charge and self-reported to the bar.

(Mike Frisch)

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/legal_profession/2009/02/car-trouble.html

Bar Discipline & Process | Permalink

TrackBack URL for this entry:

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8341bfae553ef01116853efe1970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Car Trouble:

Comments

anybody with a 98 mercury sables 3LV6 engine with the "check engine service soon" light on might have the same problem i had one year ago. my problem was insufficient egr flow and i replaced the egr sensor at $ 136. about 1 year later i had the same problem and exacly the same trouble code traced with a cheap OBD2 reader i bought for $60. the dealer told me if you don't do enough high speed driving this sensor will carbon up and turn on the engine check light so i tried to cleane it out [carbon]and disconnected it removed it from the manifold. i used starter fluid which i sprayed into the nipples to which the rubber hoses connect to and swisched it around thouroghly inside the sensor and drained it out. i repeated this process several times to dissolve any carbon inside and reinstalled it and erased the trouble code. Now 3 days later and lots of driving the light did not come on any more. this maybe the inexpensive fix for this trouble.

Posted by: paul jakob | Nov 11, 2009 9:30:41 AM

Post a comment